Monday 31 May 2010

cold fish breakfast

This was the brilliant sunrise I snapped at 7:20am this morning. It looks pretty fiery but trust me - it was damn cold! I'm not a morning person at the best of times.
At the yacht club at 7:40 am the cloud cover hadn't broken so it was still a little dark and the wind was freezing. This heron had just caught himself a substantial breakfast but a cold fish didn't tempt my tastebuds.



By the time the clouds broke up and the sun began to shine reliably my fingers had frozen and I was in serious need of a coffee. I had achieved a couple of decent photos despite the low light conditions and I was wide awake and ready to start painting. I photograph the herons so often I have decided I should actually paint them for a change. Thats my challenge this week.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Beautiful photos Mandy.