Friday 12 February 2010

Chaffinch with a sore head.

A couple of weeks ago I heard a noise that I instantly recognised as the sound of a bird hitting the window. It happens from time to time, sometimes the birds are just stunned, the sit a while, recover , then fly off. Other times they die instantly altho fortunately this hasn't happened very often. Upon investigation I found this chaffinch round the back of the house. I took some photos and played around with this shot in photoshop desaturating the background and manipulating a few different aspects. After a few minutes the bird flew up to alight on a fencepost where I got a few more photos before it flew off with hopefully no more than a splitting headache.

2 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Poor bird!
I think we've had 3 hit our windows in the 2 years we've been here, 2 survived and 1 did not.Lucky for this one!

Tobi Dante said...

Hey Mandy...Great Photo of the Chaffinch :-)